User talk:Proxima Centauri
I’m lonely here as nobody has spoken to me yet. Proxima Centauri 03:03, 24 July 2009 (CDT)
- Awww. There, there. --Kazim 11:46, 31 July 2009 (CDT)
- <irony>Thanks for being so understanding. </irony> Proxima Centauri 01:04, 1 August 2009 (CDT)
- Glad to see there are some folks who actually use the chat functions on these wiki pages. I mostly just edit, but I guess I'll have to check them. Off hand, you wouldn't happen to know if there's any way to encode formal logic on this page, would you? The standard wiki form doesn't work. - JStein (8:49, 9/13/2011)
I see you started a WOTM program review. *Big hugs* I have made multiple requests for help on RW, YouTube, and TWL. You are the first person to give a helping hand. Thanks mate, I really appreciate it. Wolf 15:25, 6 October 2011 (CDT)
Any chance that we could not use the Multiverse "theory" here? It's currently an untestable claim that has no evidence to support it, not a scientific theory. I certainly agree that it's possible, but until we have a way of detecting other universes, it's an irrational claim and not suitable for use in counter-apologetics. Jdog 09:36, 7 October 2011 (CDT)
- I think the mustiverse theory prevents God being proved. Proxima Centauri 11:10, 7 October 2011 (CDT)
- It does no such thing. The multiverse concept (please provide scientific evidence for the claim or stop calling it a theory) simply moves the problem up one level; a theist just has to claim that "God caused the multiverse to exist" and you're back where you started, plus you've added another unprovable claim to the mix. If anything, the concept of parallel universes could potentially be used to explain the conflicts between omniscience, omnipotence, and omnibenevolence. Jdog 20:54, 7 October 2011 (CDT)
I’ve taken it out as the issue is not worth so much trouble and I risk getting behind with refuting Ray Comfort. In my opinion the Muliverse is valid against Kalam because Kalam explicitly states, “Everything that starts to exist needs a cause and the Multiverse didn’t necessarily , start to exist. I agree the Multiverse does not work against general first cause arguments. Proxima Centauri 02:35, 8 October 2011 (CDT)
Ray Comfort is, as they say on the Non-Prophets, an ASSHAT (anyone playing the Non-Prophets drinking game?). Pretend i said all this in an Australian pirate accent so it counts as six drinks if you are. Anyway, lets all unite against creationist asshats. I'm just doing some minor editing, correcting some spelling mistakes, maybe adding a sentence or two when needed. Does anyone else visit this site, or are the fundie asshats trying to get rid of us? SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO USE THE CHAT, i just did this by clicking edit on your page, then inserted my username how everyone else's was. WhatsAGoodUsername? 0334, 30 October 2011 (CDT)
You can find out how active the site is by Clicking this link, alternatively you can click Recent changes 3 lines below the picture of the chariot and horses near the top left hand side of the page. To talk a user you click on the icon saying, “Discussion” in the top left of the Userpage and to talk about an article you click on the icon saying, “Discussion” in the top left of the article.
This is an atheist website and Christians can’t stop us being ungodly here, see Iron Chariots Wiki:Neutral point of view. Feredir28 has been working very hard helping refute Ray Comfort as have others. Proxima Centauri 07:04, 30 October 2011 (CDT)
Okay, thanks. You're on here too much, all the edits I see are from me, you, and two other people. Kazim and Sans Deity need to start "plugging" this site on the Non-Prophets and the Atheist Experience more, we need more people! WhatsAGoodUsername?
Lol, when I tried saving one of those marked as spam, I was told you had just deleted it. <impolite>Don't you have a life either?</impolite>
Is there no way we can upgrade the MediaWiki software? The latest version should make user-management, and thus spam-prevention, within easier reach. Sure, it will add some bureaucracy to new user creation, but won't it be worth it?
- I see he's probably too busy. Especially as an upgrade, apparently ANY upgrade beyond the current version, would require an upgrade of PHP. Which looks like it would involve the ISP...
- Something tells me that the most effective solution would be to find a new ISP, export and import, and then transfer the domain name to the new site. All of course without stealing the domain from Sans Deity.
- Isn't this interesting? I didn't even know there was a forum. How much more work would that involve?
- I can feel myself giving up here. --BronzeDome 05:53, 9 October 2011 (CDT)
Bother... I think I'll leave you to it. I'll stick to fixing typos... --BronzeDome 02:31, 10 October 2011 (CDT)
- He's going to get to it after wedding season. Be patient please, no coup is required. --Kazim 15:05, 31 October 2011 (CDT)
I think the computer must have delayed before you found out I'd deleted that stuff. While I'm checking regularly I don't need delete templates but if ever I can't check for any reason delete templates will be very useful. Any admin who gets to delete just needs to go to Category:Pages for deletion and find a bunch of articles all together ready to delete. Proxima Centauri 10:12, 10 October 2011 (CDT)
I rolled back some changes and I don't have time to monitor and fix everything. I've been getting complaints about some regulars adding sloppy speculation and changing the site from informative to a personal, sloppy, speculative bitch-slapping of apologists. Dig through your changes....and wherever you've added unfounded accusations, speculations or snide comments - remove them. I'm going to check back after the wedding and if there aren't improvements, I'll be locking the site down, upgrading it and changing policies and permissions. This isn't a place to talk shit about apologists or post things that might cause unnecessary problems. You CANNOT simply toss around accusations about financial motivations - that leads to legal problems, and I'd prefer if people didn't post sloppy arguments. Sans Deity 01:22, 15 October 2011 (CDT)
- First, my thanks to Proxima about AtheistWiki, but before we go there mate, we have work to do. I will go through all my material on Ray Comfort - that includes the programs, books, and main page. Nobody here meant harm, but we will not be divide over this issue and continue to work together. Wolf 13:03, 15 October 2011 (CDT)
I haven’t got time to go through your edits and I’m going to bed soon, I’ve had an infection recently. On this wiki are writers who’ve done really good hard hitting stuff about the Problem of evil and other difficult topics. Please write nothing here that could offend those writers or which those writers may not like. You can write snark and offensive stuff at RationalWiki or Atheism Wiki, just don’t break any libel laws. Proxima Centauri 13:42, 15 October 2011 (CDT)
Atheist groups in ...
I suggest merging all those Atheist groups in some-country-or-state pages into one List of atheist groups page, organised, naturally, by continent, country and state. The current state of myriad miniature "articles" seems... silly.
May I? BronzeDome 07:02, 18 October 2011 (CDT)
- Yes please. --Kazim 15:04, 31 October 2011 (CDT)
Praise and Glory to the FSM!
I like it but what the established administrators like counts for more here than what I like. Proxima Centauri 06:17, 7 November 2011 (CST)
PLEASE CHECK MY NEW PAGE ON RICK PERRY. It needs more info, linked to my sources in the page, sorry i dont have time to look at my sources more and post more info, it is DAMNED important this gets up and running, as it might prevent another crazy religious president like Bush. One was enough. WhatsAGoodUsername?
I have no problem about the article on Rick Perry but please check with Sans Deity as he is the site owner. I suggest writing mainly material demonstrating that Perry’s position on religion is irrational as this wiki is primarily about countering irrational religion. I suggest checking the sources in the RationalWiki article for information but here you should write respectfully. Googling rick perry+religious nut will get you information that will sometimes need rewriting respectfully. Googling rick perry+religious+irrational will get information that won’t need rewording respectfully so often. I also suggest that you look for websites where political material is expected.
I’m from the UK and I don’t fully understand American politics, I personally fear Mitt Romney because he stands the biggest chance of defeating Obama as far as I know. Mitt Romney flip flops so much nobody knows what he would do as president. RationalWiki accepts articles about all relevant issues over the 2012 U.S. Presidential Election and has articles about most of the possible Republican runners but not all the editors there are polite or well behaved. Proxima Centauri 02:22, 9 November 2011 (CST)