- Might be interesting to add "fallacy in action" links to youtube videos of AE clips, for different fallacies.
- In Atheists are just in denial, might be good to note a few things
- These discussions start off as a cyclic "Is too", "Is not" squabbling, so the way to resolve the argument is to see if the evidence meets the standards - if not, the theistic claim loses
- Theists do this thing all the time where if they can't meet the minimum requirements... they redefine and change the thing they're trying to get accepted into into meeting them, instead.
- Kansas redefinition of science to allow supernatural
- Redefinition of evidence from science standards to meet low quality apologetics standards
- Dembski's (and other apologists) creating their own crappy peer-review journals to bypass the fact they can't pass peer-review from real scientists with real, credible journals
- Started to babble on out of context of a page.. this ought to go elsewhere - also, point out that if the Bible was indicating a spherical earth, why is it that such assertions were prosecuted as heresy by the bible believers before?
that isn't a vastly distorted and spun translation? Here's an example:
- "He stretches out the north over the void and hangs the earth on nothing." (Job 26:7)
- "It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, ..." (Isaiah 40:22)
Some spin these references into meaning that the Earth is a sphere. The problem with translation is that the further you go from the literal meaning, the more error you're potentially