- Started to babble on out of context of a page.. this ought to go elsewhere - also, point out that if the Bible was indicating a spherical earth, why is it that such assertions were prosecuted as heresy by the bible believers before?
that isn't a vastly distorted and spun translation? Here's an example:
- "He stretches out the north over the void and hangs the earth on nothing." (Job 26:7)
- "It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, ..." (Isaiah 40:22)
Some spin these references into meaning that the Earth is a sphere. The problem with translation is that the further you go from the literal meaning, the more error you're potentially
- Might be interesting to have a "harm of religion" page, if it can be linked up somewhere. I'll start a list here:
- God won't let us run out of resources - thus contributing to more destruction of the planet, avoidance of action to better our condition.
- Son dies slowly as parents pray, in spite of easily treatable ailment.
- The Crusades, where religion prompted a group of Christian nights to slaughter anyone in their way of securing the holy land.
- The Spanish Inquisition, where draconian and barbaric measures were taken to ensure people stay within the Catholic church.