By the way, have I met you? I'm assuming you're a Non-Prophets listener, do you show up in the chat room? Great job on your contributions so far, by the way. -- Kazim 11:30, 18 July 2006 (MST)
- I doubt it. I've never been to Austin (though if I'm ever there, I'd love to stop by Threadgill's and meet y'all). I ran across the Non-Prophets and Atheist Experience podcasts by chance while looking for something to listen to while doing yard work.
- And no, I haven't contributed to the chat room. They tend to turn into major time sinks, unfortunately. --Arensb 11:41, 18 July 2006 (MST)
Thanks for catching the redlink I caused on the Main Page when I deleted the "Famous atheists" category. I recategorized the relevant articles but forgot to check "What links here". (I didn't think there was a good reason to have a separate category for "famous" atheists since if an atheist isn't famous in some sense, they really wouldn't warrant an article here.) - dcljr 00:00, 27 March 2007 (CDT)
- Nae problem. I figured that was what had happened. --Arensb 08:29, 27 March 2007 (CDT)
Status and admin stuff
I've upgraded your permissions to sysop and bureaucrat. It seemed reasonable, but let me know if there's a problem with that. Also - drop me an e-mail when you canSans Deity 13:03, 6 April 2007 (CDT)
Welcome to The Inner Circle. <g> I see Matt has made you a sysop. I've added an entry to Iron Chariots Wiki:Administrators for you. You can describe yourself briefly there, if you wish. - dcljr 17:33, 17 April 2007 (CDT)
Regarding the pronunciation of your name, how do you make it one syllable? I would have thought "Eh-rensb" (hence, two syllables). What is the appropriate vowel sound? So it rhymes with "farms" or "cairns"? - dcljr 17:44, 17 April 2007 (CDT)
- Gah. You're right. (Counting syllables is easy in Russian and French; it's much harder in English.)
- As for the initial A, the easy answer is that I don't really care as long as you get all the letters in the right order. The fuller answer is that in English I pronounce it as in "air" or "cairns", and in other languages I pronounce it as in "father".
- Hopefully this brings some much-needed confusion to this issue. --Arensb 23:06, 17 April 2007 (CDT)
Category sortkey question
You asked about my categorization of Religion using the "*" sortkey. It is customary on Wikipedia to force articles having the same name as a category to be listed first among articles in that category. The "*" sortkey does this (as does a sortkey starting with a space, which some people prefer). I've just carried that convention over to this wiki. We don't have to do it that way, if you want to lobby for a different style. - dcljr 17:40, 8 May 2007 (CDT)