Raised as a Southern Baptist, he began a broad, prolonged investigation into all things religious in an attempt to bolster his faith and pursue a career in the ministry. This investigation continues, though he long ago abandoned faith and religion in favor of skepticism, reason, logic and scientific evidence. His interest in apologetics lead to the creation of IronChariots.org, though the site's current incarnation is the result of the combined efforts of many dedicated individuals.
- President of the Atheist Community of Austin (2006)
- Board member of the Atheist Community of Austin (2005 - )
- Host (and co-host) of "The Atheist Experience" (2005 - )
- Commentator (and engineer) for "The Non-Prophets" (2005 - )
- Founder and contributor at IronChariots.org and its subsidiary sites
- Editorial author of numerous articles at various web sites