Edited example on no true Scotsman page, it is now the original 1975 example.
- Scotsman A: "You know, laddie, no Scotsman puts sugar in his porridge."
- Scotsman B: "Is that so? I seem to recall my cousin Angus puts sugar in his porridge"
- Scotsman A: "Aye... but no true Scotsman puts sugar in his porridge."
Enshoku 21:18, 29 April 2008 (CDT)
Added example on Appeal_to_emotion page:
- The first objection to the statement is whether or not Hitler was an atheist, which tends to be an argument from ignorance, due to the fact that Hitler was a devout catholic. The second issue with the statement is that it makes a link between atheism and Nazism via an enthymeme.
Enshoku 21:41, 29 April 2008 (CDT)
Added specifics on argument_from_personal_experience article.
- This argument is particularly common among certain branches of Christianity where things like possession and levitating have been reported.
Enshoku 12:40, 5 May 2008 (CDT)
created dogma article
Dogma(s) are a certain religious set of beliefs, whether they are written by divine doctrine or not. In rare cases dogma may also apply to ideology or philosophy as well. The phrase dogmatic is often used to describe those who oppose rational argument, and hold a very fundamental set of beliefs based on their religion.
Central Dogma per Religion
- Islam- Qu'ran
- Judaism- Torah
- Christianity- Bible
- Wicca- The wiccan rede and rule of three
- Hinduism- no central dogma
- Shintoism- no central dogma
- Pastafarism- The 8 "I'd really rather you didn'ts".
Enshoku 22:57, 5 May 2008 (CDT)
Peter H. Gilmore is the administrator of the church of satan, and has been on shows such as The History Channel, The Sci-Fi Channel, and Point of Inquiry, which refers to him as the high priest of the church of satan. He is a LaVeyian satanist, thus he is an atheist as well. He attempts to popularize atheism, and has pointed out that secular humanism is much like satanism, when they are actually in fact almost antithesis's of one another.
Gilmore writes(and has written since 1989) a journal called "the black flame". In 2005 he also wrote an introduction the the satanic bible, which was intended for the teenage crowd. In 2005 his essay on satanism was also published in the Encyclopedia of Religion and Nature, under LaVeyian/non theistic satanism.
Enshoku 07:40, 6 May 2008 (CDT)
A blog is a website which is maintained by one or more persons that acts much like a public journal or message board, where the owner or owners of the blog create posts on whatever topics they please and use a commentary format of writing. The word blog its self is a contraction of the the words web and log. Blog can also be used in a verbal sense, wherein the meaning is changed to mean altering the the blog in some way, usually by adding posts.
Enshoku 07:25, 6 January 2009 (CST)