Deimos Saturn is a male human in his early twenties born on Earth in the 1980's ACE. He is an artist, writer, philosopher, and eccentric. Most consider him a nice guy though he does have megalomaniac fantasies and is an uncompromising sort of personality who has been known to stop talking to someone he has known for years if he suddenly realizes that someone is a bad person in his eyes. His artwork focuses primarily on science and engineering and is mostly illustrative of a fictional time line of events that take place beyond the year 2020 to as far as 300 million years in the future. He accepts the label atheist though feels it is pragmatically inappropriate since he has yet been provided with a positive ontological description of a God so he doesn't know what he does not believe in. He is also an anarchist, a weak nihilist, an empiricist, determinist, active anti-theist, and transhumanist.
Politics and Philosophy
As bizarre, unsavory, and psychotic as it may seem to most people, Deimos believes that any society that has attained stability within its boarders as a democratic republic founded upon a constitution that protects each individual's inalienable rights for 100 years can do without any official, tax collecting, militarized government. According to his hypothesis, most, if not all of the basic functions of government can be performed by private insurance companies, including police, public education, military, prison, public health, environmental protection, public transportation, road and bridge construction and maintenance, and so on. All that is required is that the majority of individuals within that country have a working comprehension of the philosophy of anarchy and rugged individualism.
- There's too fucking many of them.
- Every department and every precinct has quotas no matter what they say on the news.
- Tazers and CS gas are torture devices.
- The old adage that "there are just a few bad cops that make the rest of them look bad" is backwards. The reality is, the majority of cops are crooked, it's just a tiny minority that make them look good on television.
- The attitude with most police towards civilians is "guilty until proven innocent".
- Usually, the people who seriously pursue a job as a patrolman are the same people who were the Jocks who bullied their peers in high school and are likely born sociopaths.
- The Police is a business that believes it is owed profit, and when they can't make enough profit, they just make more laws so that more crime can occur, such as setting absurd and petty traffic laws to bust honest citizens with insane fines.
- There is no competition and therefore there will inevitably be corruption.
- Police will consider refusal to consent to search without warrant as reasonable suspicion to search every single time, without fail.
- There's never one around when you need one, not that anyone in a well-armed populace would, but there are plenty standing around itching to fine you.
- Police constantly break the law, make moving violations, park illegally, run red lights, drive without seat belts, yet see no hypocrisy in fining someone 400 dollars for forgetting to put a quarter in the meter.
All drugs should be decriminalized. All people in prison for non-violent drug offenses should be released. The United States should grow Cannabis and Hemp for use in textiles, food, fuel, and drugs but the growth of Poppy and Coca for opium and cocaine should be regulated as any other pharmaceutical.
Anyone over the age of 21 should be allowed to sell their bodies for sex in a licensed brothel that is regularly inspected by the health department to insure safety of the general population. Anyone 18 and older should be allowed to patron these brothels. It increases tourism and instead of being taxed heavily, the brothels can opt to donate money to the community for youth development, enrichment centers for the elderly, low cost baby sitting services, nursing homes, and hospitals.
Gambling should be legal but only games with at worst 20:1 odds, thus, lotteries will be made illegal but even if they were legal, they wouldn't be able to compete with casinos. Casinos will shrink from being huge hotels to tiny hole-in-the-wall establishments like corner grocery stores. Owners can opt to donate money to their community rather than pay taxes.
The FCC and MPAA should be abolished. Hardcore porn, violence, gore, cursing, racism, drug use, as long as it is fictional, should be allowed on television any time of the day. The age for viewing pornography should be lowered to 13 (though the minimum age for performers should remain 18).
America ought to simply try to mimic the methods and systems of education used Sweden. They have the most graduates, the highest rates of literacy, social stability and health, economic health, gender and race equality, and the lowest rates of violence, drug addiction, teen pregnancy, and abortion. It's an astoundingly peaceful, clean, happy, and healthy, and intelligent society.
Private Prison Industry
Since decriminalizing drugs has drastically reduced the prison population in America, obviously there is less money to be made from subsidies and prison labor since violent criminals tend to be more expensive to imprison and less likely to do honest work. Neurophysiological evaluations of violent criminals, as opposed to psychological evaluations, should be used determine the viability of releasing prisoners since psychiatry is not a science.
People are guaranteed the right to bare arms so that in the event that the government becomes too powerful, the populace can overthrow the government and re-establish the democratic republic as it should be based on the constitution. People ought to also have the right to carry hand guns concealed on their person in any public place.