Tokyo earthquake of March 11, 2011
As it turns out, the date coincidentally corresponds to a verse in the bible, however, first the date must be heavily modified to fit, over several steps:
- March 11, 2011
The Book of Revelation, in this verse says:
- "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven."
This, of course, is used to demonstrate the veracity of the Bible.
The date has to be heavily modified to match, which reduces the credibility.
Hundreds of earthquakes occur weekly, with at least one 6.0+ magnitude per week. It's not uncommon to have 2-4 newsworthy, 7.5+ earthquakes per year, a rate that increases over time because of increasing human overpopulation.
- If 3.65 (on average) big earthquakes hit per year, that means there's a 3.65:365, or 1:100 chance on any particular day for this to occur.
Since the year is not specified (although the extra "1" which was added could correlate to the years 1, 1001 or 2001), this is an annual recurrence, so the prediction has no expiration date.
- If we wait 100 years, the probability of such an earthquake striking on March 11 (100 * 1:100) approaches 100%. Thus, this is likely to happen, just from pure statistics, without any divine intervention.
Differences from the Bible
Revelation 11:13 is taken out of context, and the broader context makes claims that do not correspond:
- Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here!" And they went up to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them. Revelation 11:12
Apparently, the Rapture happened in Japan?
- 7000 people did not die during this incident.
- A tenth of what city fell?
- The following verses cover a number of proceeding events, from heaven opening up to Satan being thrown down to Earth.