From Iron Chariots Wiki
Revision as of 14:57, 23 July 2008 by Dcljr
- This template generates a single "pipe" character (|). It should only be necessary to use this template in certain special cases, as explained below, where the pipe character would be mistakenly interpreted as an element of wiki syntax.
- Goal: To output code marking the beginning of a wikitable row (|-) if the first parameter value is nonempty.
- The pipe character can also be coded as the numerical character entity | (or |), which should take care of most cases where an ambiguity exists — although using this template may make the intended meaning easier to recognize.
- Needed or not?
- This template should only be needed when a template parameter value contains a pipe character, as illustrated in the example above.
- See also
- Template:!! — for a double-pipe character sequence
- External link
- See Wikipedia:Template:! for a similar template at Wikipedia