Talk:The Beauty of a Broken Spirit—Atheism (Way of the Master)
I'll finish the transcription as I have time and begin to add commentary and links. There are a couple of templates I need to work up so that our comments stand out. Sans Deity 13:45, 26 June 2006 (MST)
I've added all of the remaining sections to this and finished comments on the first 5 minutes. I'll finish the rest as soon as I have time. Sans Deity 11:34, 28 July 2006 (MST)
Einstein and Darwin
I strongly suggest that you create stub articles for those famous figures and add the quotes by them, as well as claims made about them and their rebuttals on those pages. Then recommend following that link from this page for responses to the arguments, instead of reprinting the rebuttals in full.
My thinking is that these are very generic arguments that Ray Comfort makes, and they should be available for general purposes, in case they come up again from another source. --Kazim 15:02, 28 July 2006 (MST)
I agree and I'd already thought of this, as this episode guide gets longer and longer and longer and longer. However, I want to finish the entire response first and then decide how best to chop it up and re-link it. We can talk about it a bit tomorrow, though I definitely won't be finished with this one by then. :) Sans Deity 16:39, 28 July 2006 (MST)
Under the building argument you quote Kirk as saying "...builder can't build itself..." Either you or the lil Seaver seems to have made a small mistake. I would correct it if it were certainly a typo, but it's possible that the quotation is correct. If that's the case, I would suggest a parenthetical notation.--ChristOnIce 02:16, 29 July 2006 (MST)
Fixed... it was my mistake, not Kirk's (though he makes enough mistakes in this episode to keep me busy enough to have a good excuse). Sans Deity 10:11, 29 July 2006 (MST)
First draft finished
Everyone who's paying attention, please review all of this for corrections. I tried to get this cranked out quickly as I'm going on vacation soon. I've got a plan that will shorten this and make the individual arguments stand on their own (with links from the episode guide) but I'd first like to make sure that I haven't screwed anything up before I start chopping it to pieces. :) Sans Deity 16:57, 31 July 2006 (MST)
Suggested Improvements to the Presentation
- "Comment" box background and border colors should be more pale. They currently lure the eye away from the text surrounding them, distracting the reader.
- "Comment" box indentation should be removed. The indentation misaligns the box from the text around it and adds visual clutter to the page.
- Movie times are helpful information but not necessary. They should be moved into the text itself to show their unnecessary-but-still-helpful nature.
- Movie times contain unnecessary digits that should be removed. 00:40 should be written as 0:40.
- "Comment" box title ("Comment:") needs a little visual emphasis but not as much as it's given right now. I suggest italics.
- Unhelpful information, such as "(00:40 - 01:10) Opening Titles", should be removed.
This is how the current "About this episode" section would look if my suggestions were taken aboard:
- Kirk begins by asking, "Who do you know who isn't saved?" After inserting possible answers, including close relatives, he asks the viewer to "think of their terrible fate if they die without Christ." Convinced the viewer wants to share their faith with those nonbelievers, he explains that the purpose of this episode is to give them the tools they need to overcome fear and know exactly what to say. (0:00 - 0:40)
If someone would modify the template for the "Comment" box, I could take care of the rest :)