Anyone mind if I started doing some critiques of Ray's books? Jwissick 23:40, 18 March 2010 (CDT)
- Critiques of Ray's books are very much appreciated. Proxima Centauri 04:24, 29 September 2011 (CDT)
Ray's Way of the Master programs
As you can see, we here at IronChariots have reviewed and critiqued a lot of Ray's episodes, but we still have a long way to go. I continue to modify and start new articles, but due to a loss of brain cells from watching Ray's material, I must rest for my headaches. Therefore I ask everyone here at IronChariots, if you can, please start a review of any of the untouched episodes. I would start looking for them on GoogleVideo. It may seem like a drag (indeed it is), but a review can be done quickly, the only thing that takes time is to be sure you get every word recorded. You can use the other reviews as a model for yours. An important thing is, once you heard it on their episode, you will differently hear it again. Virtually every argument uttered in their programs is repeated in their books, tracts, debates, everywhere every time. That is why reviewing and critiquing these program are important. Thank you for your help. Wolf 14:34, 3 October 2011 (CDT)
This article and the RationalWiki article on Ray Comfort are both on the first page of Google. Congratulations! Perhaps we need to make the two articles more different from each other as readers will click on both links. Proxima Centauri 04:24, 29 September 2011 (CDT)
- Point taken. This site takes more of a one-sided view. Of course, there parts that are too big that both sites must address. But this site should focus more on deconstructing his arguments, but RW should be a bit briefer. However, I think that RW should keep the commentary on Comfort's multiple debates. I think RW should be very critical on parts where Comfort bashes science and evolution, whereas IronChariots can do that too but may focus more on Ray's arguments for God. Sound good? Wolf 15:28, 30 September 2011 (CDT)
- Even after the changes Matt just reverted, this article is still way, way, WAY out of hand. It is massive and unfocused. There are detailed rebuttals of specific arguments which ought to only appear on their own pages. Why the heck is there a detailed "walkthrough" of multiple works of his rather than creating separate pages for them? Who cares about a lengthy section on Ray's specific criticisms of evolution when there are already pages on arguments against evolution? Why aren't "banana argument," "parachute argument," etc. simply links to their own pages?
- Do you guys understand what a wiki is? This is for short, focused articles with hyperlinks to relevant information, not gigantic information dumps and a collection of opinionated essays. If somebody doesn't clean this up I'm just going to start deleting massive sections. And the same criticism goes for a whole lot of articles the two of you have been working on. --Kazim 03:27, 15 October 2011 (CDT)
- It seems there has been a massive misunderstanding about what this wiki is about. The best probably is if the old guard clean up this wiki to the way you want things, we can move our work to other wikis with different policy. This will mean a lot of work for us transfering work and for you cleaning up but we didn't mean harm. Proxima Centauri 09:09, 15 October 2011 (CDT)
"Favorite arguments" section
I'm stripping out a large amount of argumentation in this section. The details of HOW Ray Comfort chooses to argue this or that point are overkill. I'd much rather see a summary of the arguments followed by links to the appropriate rebuttal pages. Also, stuff like "OF COURSE Ray Comfort misrepresents" is needless opinion-slanted language.