Matt, I like the new information about what "Iron Chariots" means, but I respectfully suggest that it should be displaced to Iron Chariots:Introduction. My thinking is that the front page should be relatively clean, and new readers should not be required to look at a whole bunch of explanatory text unless they they want to.
I'll wait for your approval or objection before I take this step, or you can do it yourself.
Kazim 15:38, 20 June 2006 (MST)
- I was thinking about this earlier and I'm definitely in agreement. You can move all of this to the "about" page (or info, or whatever).
- What I would like to do, is modify the main page so that it remains clean - but is more consistent with other wiki sites (like wikipedia). A quick welcome, some highlighted information and places to start.
- - Matt
I'm removing this meta-information from the main page:
Kazim 05:29, 15 June 2006 (MST)
Main page: Logo and Design
I will submit a draft of a large logo suitable for display on the front page soon, I am gathering source material for it. I was wondering if anyone could send me a large (1000px +) version of the current iron chariots graphic, just for reference. Thanks.
- I don't have an image that size. The original image is a small photograph of a statue which I modified (a little) in Photoshop. It was always meant to be a placeholder until I (or someone else) got around to making real logos for the site. It isn't essential to the design. In fact, I'm pretty open to suggestions on logos and even (minor) color scheme changes. I've got the original image on my machine at work, but I'm pretty sure that this page has the original image. Sans Deity 21:32, 25 August 2006 (MST)
- Thank you, that's perfect! All I needed was something good to base a logo on.FredContreras
Logo Draft 1
Ok, here is a very prelim version based on the image you supplied. Let me know if this is ok. I'll keep working on it and post revisions as I create them.
I wonder maybe I should create some tagline graphics too, that you can mix and match with the logo? FredContreras
- I think you're off to a great start...I'm looking forward to seeing more. Sans Deity 12:18, 27 August 2006 (MST)
- Yeah, looks good... quick request, can you get the reins back in there? It looks weird for the charioteer to have his arms out and not obviously controlling the horses.
- Since we're doing a customized image, I wonder if some sort of subtle religious symbolism might be work somewhere in there? I'm not sure what I'm thinking of... a Bible being trampled was what came to mind, but I think that is more aggressive than it should be. --Kazim 06:51, 28 August 2006 (MST)
Featured articles and category
Should the main page be in a category? If so, which one?
Secondly, the "Featured articles" section doesn't seem to have been updated in a while. If no one's interested in actively maintaining it, perhaps it should be removed. It can always be added back later, perhaps as a sidebar. --Arensb 11:48, 16 December 2007 (CST)
The Lord could not defeat Iron Chariots
I spelt it out for reader who speak English as a second language etc. The meaning of the Bible quote is now clearer. Proxima Centauri 12:02, 29 June 2008 (CDT)
- I've reverted your edit because I think it's important to keep the quote "clean" for the Main Page. I have, however, linked the words "chariots of iron" to our article on this passage, so you can add any explanatory remarks there, if you'd like. - dcljr 04:35, 5 July 2008 (CDT)
- Well, your comment here seems to have been dated correctly. I haven't noticed any problems with the system clock since it was reading MST a while back. I've checked Special:Recentchanges quite a few times over the last few days and haven't noticed anything strange. Maybe it was just a momentary glich? If you're still seeing weird edit times (as a test, you can create your user page <g>), check the "Date and Time" settings in your Preferences. - dcljr 04:37, 5 July 2008 (CDT)
- I've noticed the same problem, the "Recent Changes" page shows the latest edits occurring as of 9 Nov - today is 24 Nov. It's been like this as long as I've been using this wiki. I've ignored it until now...