(→Are you a good person?: Rearranged to point to main article.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Ray Comfort''' is a New
'''Ray Comfort''' is a New [[Christian]] [[apologist]] who co-hosts ''[[The Way of the Master]]'' radio show.
Revision as of 00:25, 24 August 2010
Ray Comfort has appeared on many freethinking radio shows. Some arguments come up time and time again (see our articles about these arguments for relevant counter-arguments). Ray is also known to lie for jesus.
The Watchmaker Argument
He will usually say something along the lines of "If I see a watch, it must have been made by a watchmaker, a loaf of bread by a baker, a building by an engineer, a creation by a creator."
This is the argument from design.
The Banana Argument
The banana argument, in which Comfort points out several features of bananas that indicate they were designed for human use, was presented as evidence of a creator in the Way of the Master episode entitled "The Beauty of a Broken Spirit—Atheism". Although he called it "the atheist's worst nightmare" in the episode, he later conceded the weakness of the argument on the Hellbound Alleee show. Comfort still uses it, however, and promotes it in his Atheist Test tract.
A response to "The Atheist's Nightmare", by Nick Gisburne can be found here.
Are you a good person?
- Main article: Are you a good person?
This argument uses the appeal to emotion. Comfort asks the unbeliever a set of questions. A nutshell version of the argument is as follows:
- Are you a good person? Are you sure?
- Have you ever lied in your life? Yes? Then you're a liar.
- God hates lies. You deserve to go to hell.
- Luckily, you have Jesus. Hope you'll accept him.
Comfort will seize any admission of imperfection to condemn his interlocutor: stealing a piece of candy from a store when one was a child counts as a "yes" answer to "Have you ever stolen anything?". Comfort's god considers this equivalent to robbing a bank.
Ray Comfort has written many christian books including:
- Nothing Created Everything: The Scientific Impossibility of Atheistic Evolution
- You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence, But You Can't Make Him Think: Answers to Questions from Angry Skeptics
- Evolution A Fairy Tale for Grownups
- God Doesn't Believe in Atheists: Proof That the Atheist Doesn't Exist
- Hell's Best Kept Secret
- Scientific Facts in the Bible: 100 Reasons to Believe the Bible is Supernatural in Origin
- The Evidence Bible
- The School Of Biblical Evangelism
- Intelligent Design Vs. Evolution: Letters to an Atheist
- How to Bring Your Children to Christ..& Keep Them There: Avoiding the Tragedy of False Conversion
- Out of the Comfort Zone
- Overcoming Panic Attacks
- The World's Greatest Preachers
- Wesley Gold
- What Did Jesus Do? : A Call to Return to the Biblical Gospel
- How to Live Forever Without Being Religious
- What Hollywood Believes: An Intimate Look at the Faith of the Famous
- Thanks a Million!
- Hollywood Be Thy Name
- Russia Will Attack Israel
- "The Raytractors" now at "WeAreSMRT", Ray Comfort's Detractors, a community of atheists and theists who critique and respond to Ray and the Way of the Master.
- Atheist Central, Ray Comfort's weblog (former title: Comfort Food).
|The Way of the Master|
| Season One Episodes:
1. The Firefighter 2. The Mirror of the Ten Commandments 3. The Motive of the Sinner 4. The Summary of Salvation 5. Practice What You Preach 6. Idolatry—The Darling Sin of Humanity 7. The Beauty of a Broken Spirit—Atheism 8. WDJD? 9. Blasphemy, Sabbath, Parents 10. Murder 11. Adultery 12. Theft 13. Lie and Covet
| Season Two Episodes:
1. God's Wonderful Plan 2. Conscience 3. Alcatraz, Al Capone, Alcohol 4. True and False Conversion 5. When Things Go Wrong 6. The Satanic Influence 7. How to Witness to Someone Who's Homosexual/Gay 8. Evolution 9. How to Witness to a Loved One 10. The Fear of God 11. Ice Breakers—Gospel Tracts 12. The Greatest Gamble 13. How to Get on Fire for God
| Season Three Episodes:
1. Islam 2. Mormonism 3. Witchcraft 4. Buddhism 5. Roman Catholicism 6. What Hollywood Believes 7. New Age 8. Humanism 9. What America Believes 10. Jehovah's Witness 11. Judaism 12. Spiritual Battle 13. Hinduism
|Ray Comfort — Kirk Cameron|