the counter-apologetics wiki.
|Overview · Editing · Help|
This wiki is intended to provide information on apologetics and counter-apologetics. We'll be collecting common arguments and providing responses, information and resources to help counter the glut of misinformation and poor arguments which masquerade as "evidence" for religious claims.
The complexity of issues surrounding religion ensures that any proper assessment requires us to delve into a number of philosophical, historical and sociological topics. Our ultimate goal is to provide a robust and definitive resource for:
- atheists seeking responses to common apologetic arguments
- theists who are questioning the efficacy of their beliefs
- apologists who feel that their "pet" argument is above reproach
- individuals of any philosophical ideal who have an interest in religious studies
Feel free to make use of the Search feature if you're looking for a particular article.
For those who prefer to browse, we've divided articles into a number of categories to provide convenient starting points:
You can also browse the entire category structure starting at the top.
In addition to focusing on specific arguments, we feel that it's also important to address popular apologetics in detail, even when they're nothing more than a collection of previously addressed arguments. The following articles feature detailed rebuttals to common apologetics in various media:
- The Way of the Master — apologist TV series featuring Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron)
- Chick tracts — comic-book style series of evangelical pamphlets by Jack Chick
- "Big Daddy?" — a Chick tract focusing on evolution.
If you're interested in contributing to the site (in the non-monetary sense), you must register first to get a username. You might also want to register at our IronChariots.org Forums so you can post over there.
If you want to contribute in the monetary sense, please see Site support.
For more information, please take a look at these pages:
If you're looking for some new or incomplete articles that need writing, please consider taking some suggestions from this page: