Loss of religion is causing national decline
From Iron Chariots Wiki
One argument against secularism is the loss of religion is causing national decline.
- "The decline in religion is eroding our nation’s foundation. ... Religions based on the principle of service and a focus on the less fortunate help a society deal with want. And it is sure is convenient when we need that help."
- "Without religion, America would be as empty as last year's birds nests. Sort of like vapid North Korea, if you will. "
- "The decline of this nation (just as the decline of every other nation) is due to spiritual factors. The political, economic, and social problems we encounter are the symptoms of the spiritual deterioration of a nation. "
- "America’s moral decline rapidly accelerated following one event – the U.S. Supreme Court’s removal of prayer from our nation’s schools."
- "And, overall, the British people walked away from Christianity. This spiritual and moral decline was accompanied by economic decline, and the decline of the British Empire. "
- "One can argue, and some have, that the decision by the Supreme Court – in a series of three decisions back in 1962 and 1963 – to remove Bible and prayer from our public schools, may be the most spiritually significant event in our nation’s history over the course of the last 55 years [...] When we remove that moral fiber -- that moral emphasis – this is what can result."
- Religion is harmful to society
- Religious belief is beneficial to society
- Evil is a consequence of disobeying God