The Book of Isaiah is the 26 book of the Old Testament. This book describes the words of the prophet, Isaiah, and is categorized into three sections:
- Proto-Isaiah - Chapters 1 to 39
- Deutero-Isaiah - Chapters 40 top 55
- Trito-Isaiah - Chapters 56 to 66
The book of Isaiah discusses the Kings of Judah, Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, and their wickedness. It prophesies the judgment of Judah and other nations that oppose God, and the eventual restoration of the nation of Israel.
- "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:1
- but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
- "I will lead the blind by a road they do not know, by paths they have not known I will guide them, I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I will do, I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16