Iron Chariots Wiki:Special pages
Special pages are pages that can't be directly edited by users; their content is instead generated by the MediaWiki software automatically, sometimes in real-time, sometimes based on cached information. Most special pages provide lists of pages that match specific criteria, such as articles with no categories or those having no incoming links to them. Others list other things, such as registered users. Some are page-specific, such as "what links here".
Below is a list of the special pages in use on this wiki and brief descriptions of what they're used for. For more in-depth information, see WikimediaMeta:Help:Special page.
Special pages for all users
- Special pages — Special:Specialpages
- List of (almost) all special pages that the user can use. (Some pages are only usable by administrators and others are just not in this list.)
These special pages are primarily used for searching.
General searching and browsing
- Search — Special:Search
- Allows keyword searching in any namespace or combination of namespaces (chosen by checkboxes).
- When wiki-linking to this special page, the results match those of a keyword search using the "search box" and the "Go" button; see Iron Chariots Wiki:Searching for more details.
- Examples: [[Special:Search/bible]], [[Special:Search/video]]
- All pages — Special:Allpages
- Alphabetical listing of all pages in a specified namespace (chosen by drop-down menu), including redirects, which are shown in black.
- When wiki-linking to this special page, a starting point can be given after a forward slash in the link; the main article namespace is used unless a different namespace prefix is specified with a colon in the usual way.
- Examples: [[Special:Allpages/Bi]], [[Special:Allpages/Category:Bi]]
- All pages with prefix — Special:Prefixindex
- Very similar to Special:Allpages, described above, except the list contains only pages whose title begins with a given string of characters (the "prefix"); redirects are shown in black.
- When linking to this special page, the "prefix" string is given after a forward slash at the end of the link; namespaces are handled in the same way as Special:Allpages.
- Examples: [[Special:Prefixindex/Bi]], [[Special:Prefixindex/Category:Bi]]
- Categories — Special:Categories
- Alphabetical list of categories actually in use on the wiki, including those for which pages have not been created yet (i.e., "missing categories"). Alternatives to this list include searching the Category namespace using "Allpages" or "Prefixindex" (doesn't include missing categories), or browsing the category structure starting at the top (doesn't include categories that have not been themselves categorized).
- Random page — Special:Randompage
- Brings up a randomly chosen page in the main namespace (by default).
- Can be made to work with other namespaces by appending the namespace prefix after a forward slash at the end of the link.
- Example: [[Special:Randompage/Template]]
- Pages linking to disambiguation pages — Special:Disambiguations
- List of redirects — Special:Listredirects
- MediaWiki:Imagelist — Special:Imagelist
- MIME search — Special:MIMEsearch
- User list — Special:Listusers
- Alphabetical list of all users who have ever registered. Includes users with no user page, those who have been banned, etc. Can be narrowed down to bots, sysops (administrators) or bureaucrats using a drop-down menu.
- Examples: [[Special:Listusers/sysops]], [[Special:Listusers/dc]]
- Book sources — Special:Booksources
- Not for searching the wiki, but for finding books for purchase by their ISBN. This is used in conjunction with the automatic linking of ISBNs by the MediaWiki software. This special page can also be linked to explicitly by appending the ISBN after a forward slash.
- Example(s): the bare text ISBN 0-486-41862-6 is auto-linked and equivalent to [[Special:Booksources/0486418626]]
Checking for vandalism and other bad edits
- Pages with the most revisions — Special:Mostrevisions
- Articles that have been edited the most.
- Gallery of new files — Special:Newimages
- New pages — Special:Newpages
- Recent changes — Special:Recentchanges
Wiki errors in need of fixing
- Broken redirects — Special:Brokenredirects
- Dead-end pages — Special:Deadendpages
- Double redirects — Special:Doubleredirects
- Orphaned pages — Special:Lonelypages
- Uncategorized categories — Special:Uncategorizedcategories
- Uncategorized pages — Special:Uncategorizedpages
- Unused categories — Special:Unusedcategories
- Unused files — Special:Unusedimages
- Wanted categories — Special:Wantedcategories
- Wanted pages — Special:Wantedpages
- Pages with the most categories — Special:Mostcategories
- Articles containing the most [[Category:]] links.
- Short pages — Special:Shortpages
- Long pages — Special:Longpages
- Most linked-to categories — Special:Mostlinkedcategories
- Most linked-to files — Special:Mostimages
- Most linked-to pages — Special:Mostlinked
- Oldest pages — Special:Ancientpages
- Popular pages — Special:Popularpages
Administrative information and tasks
- Export pages — Special:Export
- Blocked users — Special:Ipblocklist
- Logs — Special:Log
- Statistics — Special:Statistics
- System messages — Special:Allmessages
- Upload file — Special:Upload
- Version — Special:Version
User-centric special pages
- Log in / create account — Special:Userlogin
- Shown on every page when a user is not logged in, this link leads to the login/register screen.
Shown on every page when a user is logged in
- Log out — Special:Userlogout
- Following this link (not provided here) logs the user out.
- My page — Special:Mypage
- The user's own User page.
- My talk — Special:Mytalk
- The user's own Talk page.
- Preferences — Special:Preferences
- The user's own Preferences page, where various options can be changed.
- My watchlist — Special:Watchlist
- A list of pages the user has chosen to "watch".
Shown on individual User pages
- User contributions — Special:Contributions
- A list of the user's contributions to the wiki (i.e., page edits).
- When linking to this special page, a username is required after a forward slash.
- Example: [[Special:Contributions/Dcljr]]
- E-mail this user — Special:Emailuser
- If enabled by the user, allows someone to e-mail them without knowing their e-mail address.
Special pages visible only to administrators
- Block user — Special:Blockip
- Import pages — Special:Import
- Unwatched pages — Special:Unwatchedpages