Iron Chariots Wiki:Interwiki map (requests)
Things to note:
- Before requesting that we add a site, please check our full interwiki map to make sure we don't already have interwiki linking enabled for it.
- Websites in the map need not be wikis, but they do need to have a well defined page name structure that lends itself to wiki links. Don't add a site unless its pages can be predictably linked to using a link of the form:
- SitePrefix will be replaced by a fixed URL, as listed in the table below, with PageName substituted for "$1" in the URL). PageName can contain spaces but they will be converted to underscores(_) in the final URL, not plus signs (+) nor hex codes (%20). If this won't work properly for your website, then it's probably not worth adding it to the interwiki map.
- The SitePrefix codes, which are case insensitive, must not contain any spaces ( ), colons (:), ampersands (&), or equal signs (=) — in fact, we probably should just avoid punctuation completely. They should also not match any of this wiki's namespaces, nor any ISO 639 language codes (en, de, fr, ...), just in case we decide to expand Iron Chariots to separate language wikis in the future (see Wikipedia:Interlanguage links for more information about this).
- Please keep the SitePrefix codes easily identifiable. People should be able to tell what site you're referring to, more or less, even if they're not very familiar with the "wikiverse" (for example, using "wikt" for Wiktionary is a bad idea, even if it is an acceptable prefix when linking from other Wikimedia sites).
- If you don't want to suggest a SitePrefix, we can come up with one for you.
- Please sign your request with three or four tildes (~~~~) if you want a response from us — or just in case we need to discuss it with you further.
With the foregoing caveats in mind, feel free to add any wikis or other relevant websites to the table below.
If you want to discuss potential changes before suggesting them here, please visit the discussion page.
|Example||http://www.example.org/wiki/$1||This line is only an example. Add your request below. - ~~~~|
|Forum||http://forum.ironchariots.org/$1||I thought it'd be nice to have a interwiki for our discussion forum(s). I know the links won't be able to use regular English phrases, as with links to sites like Wikipedia, but at least this entry would allow [[:Forum:]] for linking to the Forum Index. - dcljr 13:01, 19 September 2006 (CDT)|
|ForumNumber||http://forum.ironchariots.org/viewforum.php?f=$1||I assume once a forum gets a number, it's "permanent"... For example, [[ForumNumber:6]] would link to the General Discussion forum. - dcljr|
|ForumTopic||http://forum.ironchariots.org/viewtopic.php?t=$1||Likewise for topics. Example: [[ForumTopic:95]] would link to the Jesus Camp thread. - dcljr|
|Evowiki||http://wiki.cotch.net/index.php/$1||Iron Chariots is primarily about atheism, not creationism vs. evolution. It would be nice to have a shortcut with which to refer readers to a specialized evolution wiki. - --Arensb 17:48, 1 April 2007 (CDT)|
|Wikiversity||http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/$1||Latest Wikimedia project will surely have relevant material soon, if it doesn't already. All other Wikimedia sites already have working prefixes here. - dcljr 22:32, 5 April 2007 (CDT)|
|AtheismWiki||http://atheism.wikia.com/wiki/$1||Obviously highly relevant; even though it's a Wikia and therefore could be linked to using the general [[WikiaSite:]] interwiki link (example: [[WikiaSite:Atheism:Christian morality]], it would be much more convenient to have a special code for it. - dcljr 04:59, 26 March 2009 (CDT)|
|ReligionWiki||http://religion.wikia.com/wiki/$1||See previous entry. - dcljr 04:59, 26 March 2009 (CDT)|
|MediaWiki||http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/$1||Useful for pointing people to MediaWiki documentation on talk pages, in template documentation, etc. - dcljr 15:52, 13 March 2012 (CDT)|
List any sites you feel should be removed from our interwiki map (to avoid any possible confusion, refer to them by SitePrefix). Please give a reason.