Free will argument for the non-existence of God
From Iron Chariots Wiki
- A being with free will has the potential to choose between alternative choices.
- An omniscient god knows the future.
- God cannot potentially act differently, since he has foreknowledge of his actions.
- Therefore, that god does not have free will.
Redefine free will
Apologists attempt to redefine free will to a more compatibilist friendly concept, most of which removes the potential alternative choice aspects of free will.
- "A person can freely choose to act and have that act be known by God, but God knowing what a person freely chooses to do does not mean the person wasn’t free to choose it. "