Dark Dungeons (Chick tract)
Dark Dungeons is a Chick tract whose description is "Debbie thought playing Dungeons and Dragons was fun... until it destroyed her friend."
Some very classic-looking 80's kids play Dungeons & Dragons, and get caught in a crazy alternate universe of Jack Chick's imagination.
A friendly game
- Ms. Frost: "Okay, Wizard, cast your spell!"
- Marcie: "Okay, Dungeon Master. My spell of light blinds the monster."
- Frost: "The thief, Black Leaf, did not find the poison trap, and I declare her dead."
- Marcie: "NO, NOT BLACK LEAF! NO, NO! I'M GOING TO DIE! Please don't make me quit the game! Somebody save me! You can't do this!"
- Frost: "Marcie, get out of here. YOU'RE DEAD! You don't exist any more."
The game turns real!
- Frost: "Debbie, your cleric has been raised to the 8th level. I think it's time that you learn how to really cast spells."
- Debbie: "You mean you're going to teach me how to have the real power?"
- Frost: "Yes, you have the personality for it now."
- Narration: THE INTENSE OCCULT TRAINING THROUGH D&D PREPARED DEBBIE TO ACCEPT THE INVITATION TO ENTER A WITCHES' COVEN.
- Frost: "I've brought Elfstar to become a priestess and a witch."
- Cult member: "Welcome, Elfstar. You're now a priestess of the craft, and of the Temple of Diana."
- Debbie: "Ms. Frost, this is fantastic... This makes the game real... It's not a fantasy anymore. Last night I cast my first spell... This is real power!"
- Frost: "I knew you were ready by the way you played the game... but this is just the beginning. There is so much more."
- Frost: "Which spell did you cast, Debbie?"
- Debbie: "I used the mind bondage spell on my father. He was trying to stop me from playing D&D."
- Frost: "What was the result?"
- Debbie: "He just bought me $200.00 worth of new D&D figures and manuals. It was great!"
Debbie and Marcie
- Later That Week
- Frost: "Hey Debbie! Marcie's on the phone. She wants to talk to you. She's really upset."
- Debbie: "I can't. I'm fighting the Zombie. Tell her I'll see her tonight."
- Debbie: "Hi, Mrs. Anderson. Marcie wanted me to see her tonight."
- Mrs. Anderson: "I'm glad you're here, Debbie. Marcie has shut herself in her room and won't come out. She hasn't been herself for weeks. I've been very worried. Ever since her character in the game got killed, it's as though a part of her died. Maybe you can talk some sense into her."
- Debbie: "Nooooo! No, Marcie, you didn't have to do that!"
- Marcie's suicide note reads: "It's my fault Black Leaf died. I just can't face life alone! Marcie"