(Took out some polemics. Added refs.)
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Atheism Plus initially received a mixed reception in the atheist community
Atheism Plus initially received a mixed reception in the atheist community and
== Projects ==
== Projects ==
Latest revision as of 10:43, 15 November 2012
- We are…
- Atheists plus we care about social justice,
- Atheists plus we support women’s rights,
- Atheists plus we protest racism,
- Atheists plus we fight homophobia and transphobia,
- Atheists plus we use critical thinking and skepticism.
Atheism Plus initially received a mixed reception in the atheist community and continues to be a controversial topic. Activists in the movement are commonly accused of trying to hijack atheism to promote other agendas.
"The mission of A+Scribe is to bring access to media in the Atheism Plus movement (and eventually beyond) to Deaf and Hard of Hearing readers.
We will strive to honestly, accurately, and completely transcribe as many media resources as we are able."
A+ Scribe was announced on August 30, 2012 with Greta Christina's blog post, "Atheism+’s First Project: A+ Scribe!"
Atheism+ Emergency Support Project
On October 20, 2012, After a vote in the Atheism Plus forum for a big project, members decided to start the Atheism+ Emergency Support Project: "A freecycle-esque project to give support to those who need it. We would do things like give information to people who are in emergency situations- for example, connecting someone in an abusive situation with information on a local shelter- or connecting people in need of goods with others who have things to spare."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Atheism+, by Jen McCreight at Blaghag
- ↑ http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/08/30/atheisms-first-project-a-scribe/
- ↑ http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2235
- Blog post: How I Unwittingly Infiltrated the Boy’s Club & Why It’s Time for a New Wave of Atheism, by Jen McCreight
- Blog post: Atheism+, by Jen McCreight