Apes, Lies and Ms. Henn (Chick tract)
- Principal: (holding up a photograph) "I have good news children. Your teacher, Mrs. Tucker, had twins!"
- Li'l Susy: "Wow!"
- Principal: "And here is your new teacher, Ms. Henn."
- Class: "GOOD MORNING, MS. HENN!"
- Ms. Henn: "Thank you, children."
- Ms. Henn: "We're going to be great friends... and you'll meet many of my close friends, too."
- Ms. Henn: "We're going to have such fun together... As long as you do what I say!"
- Ms. Henn: "Today I want you to know how great you are and how far humans have come... soon we'll live in outer space!"
- Class: (various kids) "Ooh!" "Wow!" "Awesome!"
- Ms. Henn: "But it took millions of years to change from apes into humans."
- Kid: "Ms. Henn, did we really come from monkeys?"
- Ms. Henn: "Yes, scientists have PROVEN it."
- Li'l Susy: (to another student) "Timmy, that's a lie!"
- Ms. Henn: "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?"
- Ms. Henn: "What is your name, little girl?"
- Li'l Susy: "Susy... Susy Barnes."
- Ms. Henn: "Well, Miss Barnes, what did you tell that little boy?"
- Li'l Susy: "Ms. Henn, I told him the truth... We didn't come from monkeys."
- Ms. Henn: "Are you calling me a liar?"
- Li'l Susy: "No, ma'am... You're calling God a liar!"
- Ms. Henn: "You come with me!"
- Random Kid: "Oh no!... What's gonna happen to li'l Susy?"
- Ms. Henn: "How dare you embarrass me in front of the class! You are in deep trouble, young lady!"
- Ms. Henn: "And I never forgive or forget! Now, go back in there and keep your mouth shut... or else!"
- Ms. Henn: "Everything's alright, children... Just a little misunderstanding... Right, Susy?"
- Li'l Susy: "Ok, Ms. Henn."
- Ms. Henn: "If I tell you we came from apes... I expect you to believe me... right?"
- Li'l Susy: "Oh Lord, she's lying! What can I do?"
- Ms. Henn: "The scientific evidence is absolutely overwhelming! Millions of years ago dinosaurs ruled the earth...
- Ms. Henn: "Scientists believe they disappeared when a gigantic comet hit the earth."
- Ms. Henn: "It's absolutely true... and birds came from dinosaurs... That's it, children, we'll continue this tomorrow. Isn't it exciting?"
- Boy: "Susy, why did you say Ms. Henn called God a liar?"
- Li'l Susy: "Cuz God made the earth in only 6 days, not millions of years."
- Boy: "How do you know?"
- Li'l Susy: "God tells us in the Bible what happened... and He should know... He was there! Was Ms. Henn?"
- Boy: "She's old, but she's not that old!"
- Li'l Susy: "God said He made the first dinosaur and the first man... on the same day! And that was about 6,000 years ago, not millions!"
- Boy: "That's in the Bible?"
- Li'l Susy: "The Bible tells us lots of stuff. It even tells us where we go when we die.
- Boy: "We all go to heaven, right?
- Li'l Susy: "No, Timmy, most people will end up in hell."
- Li'l Susy: "How come?"
This section is not complete.