Apes, Lies and Ms. Henn (Chick tract)
(→External link: language changed to reflect that many pages are missing from website)
(undo of my previous edit... my browser didn't load the page fully... sorry)
|Line 183:||Line 183:|
* [http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1051/1051_01.asp tract at Chick.com]
Revision as of 17:31, 5 January 2009
- Principal: (holding up a photograph) "I have good news children. Your teacher, Mrs. Tucker, had twins!"
- Li'l Susy: "Wow!"
- Principal: "And here is your new teacher, Ms. Henn."
- Class: "GOOD MORNING, MS. HENN!"
- Ms. Henn: "Thank you, children."
- Ms. Henn: "We're going to be great friends... and you'll meet many of my close friends, too."
- Ms. Henn: "We're going to have such fun together... As long as you do what I say!"
- Ms. Henn: "Today I want you to know how great you are and how far humans have come... soon we'll live in outer space!"
- Class: (various kids) "Ooh!" "Wow!" "Awesome!"
- Ms. Henn: "But it took millions of years to change from apes into humans."
- Kid: "Ms. Henn, did we really come from monkeys?"
- Ms. Henn: "Yes, scientists have PROVEN it."
- Li'l Susy: (to another student) "Timmy, that's a lie!"
- Ms. Henn: "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?"
- Ms. Henn: "What is your name, little girl?"
- Li'l Susy: "Susy... Susy Barnes."
- Ms. Henn: "Well, Miss Barnes, what did you tell that little boy?"
- Li'l Susy: "Ms. Henn, I told him the truth... We didn't come from monkeys."
- Ms. Henn: "Are you calling me a liar?"
- Li'l Susy: "No, ma'am... You're calling God a liar!"
- Ms. Henn: "You come with me!"
- Timmy: "Oh no!... What's gonna happen to li'l Susy?"
- Ms. Henn: "How dare you embarrass me in front of the class! You are in deep trouble, young lady!"
- Ms. Henn: "And I never forgive or forget! Now, go back in there and keep your mouth shut... or else!"
- Ms. Henn: "Everything's alright, children... Just a little misunderstanding... Right, Susy?"
- Li'l Susy: "Ok, Ms. Henn."
- Ms. Henn: "If I tell you we came from apes... I expect you to believe me... right?"
- Li'l Susy: "Oh Lord, she's lying! What can I do?"
- Ms. Henn: "The scientific evidence is absolutely overwhelming! Millions of years ago dinosaurs ruled the earth...
- Ms. Henn: "Scientists believe they disappeared when a gigantic comet hit the earth."
- Ms. Henn: "It's absolutely true... and birds came from dinosaurs... That's it, children, we'll continue this tomorrow. Isn't it exciting?"
- Timmy: "Susy, why did you say Ms. Henn called God a liar?"
- Li'l Susy: "Cuz God made the earth in only 6 days, not millions of years."
- Timmy: "How do you know?"
- Li'l Susy: "God tells us in the Bible what happened... and He should know... He was there! Was Ms. Henn?"
- Timmy: "She's old, but she's not that old!"
- Li'l Susy: "God said He made the first dinosaur and the first man... on the same day! And that was about 6,000 years ago, not millions!"
- Timmy: "That's in the Bible?"
- Li'l Susy: "The Bible tells us lots of stuff. It even tells us where we go when we die.
- Timmy: "We all go to heaven, right?
- Li'l Susy: "No, Timmy, most people will end up in hell."
- Li'l Susy: "How come?"
- Li'l Susy: "Because of Sin, Timmy... Sin is when people do bad things and disobey God. And sin is what keeps people from going to heaven."
- Timmy: "Wow, I didn't know that!"
- Li'l Susy: "The saddest part is... if people are told that we come from apes... and believe it... Then they won't pay any attention to what God Says."
- Timmy: "Susy, what Ms. Henn told us today is wrong if it gets us in trouble with God."
- Li'l Susy: "That's right! This lie was created by the devil to keep kids out of heaven."
- Timmy: "But, Susy, I want to go to heaven when I die! What am I supposed to do?"
- Li'l Susy:' "Jesus did something very special for you, Timmy... to make sure th oldevil doesn't get you when you die."
- Timmy: "Susy, this is scary. What did Jesus do?"
- Li'l Susy: "He left heaven for you, Timmy!"
- Timmy: "Heaven? What are you trying to say? He's God?"
- Li'l Susy: "Yes, He is, Timmy, and the devil fought Him for your soul. And the angels in heaven were watching it all!"
- Li'l Susy: "When Jesus was born, the devil sent a whole army of men to kill Him."
- Timmy: "Did Jesus get away?"
- Li'l Susy: "Oh, yes!... because He had to grow up and show us the only way we can get into heaven."
- Timmy: "How's that?"
- Li'l Susy: "Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.""
- Timmy: "Is Jesus the only way to heaven?"
- Li'l Susy: "That's right, Timmy."
- Li'l Susy: "And this is what Jesus went through to take away our sins... He was arrested, tortured and put to death -- because of a dirty lie! "For God so loved the world (that's you), that he gave his only begotten Son (Jesus), that whosoever believeth in him should not perish (in hell), but have everlasting life (in heaven)." He shed His precious blood (God's blood) to wash away our sins. He died, was buried and 3 days later, He arose from the dead! Later He went back up into heaven... and He's gonna come back... real soon!"
- Timmy: "Is that true, Susy?
- Li'l Susy: "Yes, Timmy, and the devil doesn't want people to hear about Jesus... So he blinds them and makes them think there are many ways to heaven."
- Li'l Susy: "Most of the world will end up in hell with the old devil because they didn't believe in Jesus so they could be saved."
- Timmy: "Susy, I want Jesus to save me. What am I supposed to do?"
- Li'l Susy: "Pray and ask Jesus to forgive you for your sins and to come into your heard and save you."
- Timmy: "OK, I will!"
(Panel 39) So Timmy prayed and Jesus became His Saviour and the Lord of his life.
- Li'l Susy: "Good for you, Timmy. Now the old devil won't get you."
- Li'l Susy: "Timmy, Jesus created man and apes the same day. Ms. Henn doesn't believe in Jesus. She's wrong! But she's our teacher and we have to respect her."
- Timmy: "The old devil has blinded Ms. Henn, Right, Susy?"
- Li'l Susy: "Yes, Timmy, she believes a lie and we must love her and pray for her."
If YOU believe in Evolution instead of Jesus, you'll end up in hell.
This section is not complete.