From Iron Chariots Wiki
Revision as of 16:22, 18 July 2006 by Arensb
Ad hominem fallacies involve attacking the person rather than the argument, e.g., by casting aspersions on that person's character, or associating the person with a distasteful ideology.
This is a logical fallacy because the fact that a person is repugnant does not mean that they are wrong.
- Elizabeth claims that John murdered Sally
- Elizabeth is a convicted drug user
- Therefore Elizabeth's claims aren't trustworthy
- Bob says that the sky is blue.
- Bob is a communist, and cannot be trusted.
- Therefore, the sky is not blue.