50 Reasons People Give for Believing in a God
From Iron Chariots Wiki
Revision as of 22:23, 11 February 2011 by Jt
- For the widely circulated e-mail, see 50 reasons to believe in God.
50 Reasons People Give for Believing in a God is a book by Guy P. Harrison.
The following list comes from the table of contents:
- My god is obvious.
- Almost everybody on Earth is religious.
- Faith is a good thing.
- Archaeological discoveries prove that my god exists.
- Only my god can make me feel significant.
- Atheism is just another religion.
- Evolution is bad.
- Our world is too beautiful to be an accident.
- My god created the universe.
- Believing in my god makes me happy.
- Better safe than sorry.
- A sacred book proves my god is real.
- Divine justice proves my god is real.
- My god answers prayers.
- I would rather worship my god than the devil.
- My god heals sick people.
- Anything is better than being an atheist.
- My god made the human body.
- My god sacrificed his only son for me.
- Atheists are jerks who think they know everything.
- I don't lose anything by believing in my god.
- I didn't come from a monkey.
- I don't want to go to hell.
- I feel my god when I pray.
- I need my god to protect me.
- I want eternal life.
- Without my god we would have no sense of right and wrong.
- My god makes me feel like I am part of something bigger than myself.
- My religion makes more sense than all the others.
- My god changes lives.
- Intelligent design proves my god is real.
- Millions of people can't be wrong about my religion.
- Miracles prove my god is real.
- Religion is beautiful.
- Some very smart people believe in my god.
- Ancient prophecies prove my god exists.
- No one has ever disproved the existence of my god.
- People have gone to heaven and returned.
- Religion brings people together.
- My god inspires people.
- Science can't explain everything.
- Society would fall apart without religion.
- My religion is so old, it must be true.
- Someone I trust told me that my god is real.
- Atheism is a negative and empty philosophy.
- Believing in a god doesn't hurt anyone.
- The earth is perfectly tuned to support life.
- Believing is natural so my god must be real.
- The end is near.
- I am afraid of not believing.